Multiple computers on the same network

Any issues related to iRemoteDesktop

Multiple computers on the same network

Postby TheGustah » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:26 pm

I love this app, bought it to support you all. I had no issues getting it to work, however I can't get my other computer on my home network to work. When the Hana program runs on the desktop, it listens on port 3389 and I can't figure out how to change that. Basically, I have 3 computers on my home network and would like to be able to access them all, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Greg
TheGustah

Re: Multiple computers on the same network

Postby HanaMobile » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:36 pm

Thanks for your support. You do not need to change port 3389. And if you only want to access them through local network, you just need to add one entry for each computer and using their own IP as hostname. If you want to access them outside of home, then you need to configure the router for port forwarding to make them visible. The hana program should do this for you. Can you provide a bit more details? You can send us email to hanamobiles AT gmail for faster support.
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Postby TheGustah » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:42 pm

When I try to access the second computer I setup, it always goes to the first one. It does not matter if I am on my local network or connecting through my iphone. On my Linksys router, I have port 3389 forwarded to 192.168.1.143. That works great, no problems at all. I try to add the second computer, 192.186.1.150 and also forward port 3389 there, but when I try and logon, it takes me to the first computer. I have tried multiple variations with no luck, the iphone program is setup to match my computer's ip and port.

Can you forward the same port to two separate computers/ip addresses? I am not in a hurry to solve this, so I will keep the questions here versus your kind offer of a quicker email reply so others can use the info as well.
TheGustah

Postby HanaMobile » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:31 am

To access second computer from local:
create a new entry with hostname 192.186.1.150 and port 3389, you should be good to go

To access second computer from outside:
add a port forwarding from <router ip address>:3390 to 192.186.1.150:3389, then create a new entry
with hostname <router ip address> and port 3390
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Return to iRemoteDesktop