Please find someone who can write

Any questions about Connect My Mac

Please find someone who can write

Postby Zeb » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Dear developers of Connect My Mac,

I have purchased the pro version of this app and have been trying for 3 hours to make it work. Your instructions are so badly written that this app is completely user unfriendly.

I have registered on your board just to make this comment. I have done all of what you said and it doesn't work. It's not clear like A-B-C.

You ask us to go in terminal to find our username. I use terminal maybe once every 3 years and really not extensively. You are probably using it dozens of times a week so you don't see the need to explain it. You are used to speak with coders and not with non coders, non geeks. Terminal gives me some information but there are more than one choice for one who doesn't know how (and why) to use it.

There are too many exceptions in your user instructions. For example, in your document VNCMacConfig - hanamobiles.com you give out the following instructions:

Title - choose your name - ok, that's clear
Hostname: multiple IPs found, try one by one... I had problems here which I just solved. In RemoteVU. I had been given different IP addresses which I used with you app. I am contrite.
Password: ... Two other items come before the password. It should be clear as ice. Figure that you are talking to kids in fourth grade.
Port: 5900, Type: Mac and the Mac OS X Connexion (with an on/off button) come before Password. It shouldn't be that way. (You give the impression that you don't like your customers.) Now, that button is not well explained. Your instructions should be cristal clear. They are not. Now, that VNCMacConfig - hanamobiles.com document says nothing about the account.

Furthermore, those instructions on your support forum are not well organized. You should have different instructions for different situations and not all bundled up like thay are now.

ie: Tiger users
a) Tiger users using a log in: Do the following: - A, B, C. D, etc.
b) Tiger users not using a log in: Do the following: - A, B, C. D, etc.

And then do the same for Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion.

When an application forces you to guess what the developers hope you will understand, it speaks loudly about the quality of their work. It's a very bad visit card.

Now, tell me where I find the instructions to use your app and to see my iMac screen and use my iMac through my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4 S? All I can see right now is a grey screen with some icons at the top.

I haven't had a frustrating experience like that in years.

Thank you,

Zeb
Zeb

Re: Please find someone who can write

Postby HanaMobile » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Zeb,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. We'll improve our configuration and help pages.
At the mean time, we would like to help as much to get it working for you. You can follow this to configure. And did you get any error message? Except your password/username, would mind share the settings with us to hanamobiles AT gmail.

If you do not want to try further, you can get refund by contacting apple. Just google "appstore refund" to see how to do it.

Title: name this connection
Hostname: the IP address you get from Step 3 (do NOT add prefix like vnc:// or http://)
Port: default one should be 5900. You might need to change it if you have set another one
Server Type: Choose Mac
Mac OS X Login: Turn this on if you are using Mac OS X Lion or want to login using Mac username/password
Username: Only applicable if Mac OS X Login switch is ON. This is the username for Mac login. To get this name, go to Applications->Utility->Terminal, type whoami, the username will be shown.
Password: If the Mac OS X Login switch is off, this is the password you set in Step 2; if the Mac OS X Login switch is on, this is the password corresponding to the Mac username you input above
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Return to Connect My Mac