Lion support is ready!

Any questions about Connect My Mac

Lion support is ready!

Postby HanaMobile » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:25 am

Mac OS X Lion support is ready in version 1.2.8. You can upgrade from Appstore.

1. Tap on the blue arrow on each server entry, server setting page will show up
2. Turn ON "Mac OS X Login"
3. Input your Mac username and password which you use to login to the Mac. You should be able to login.

To get your Mac username, on your Mac, go to Applications->Utility->Terminal, type whoami, then press Enter key, your username will be shown.

Troubleshooting:
1. you always get "Connection Failure. Authentication failed. Make sure the password is correct" error
Answer: (1) Make sure you are using the correct the username and password. (2) Although we suggest to use "Screen Sharing", but if you you are setting Remote Management, click on the Options button in the right bottom corner, make sure at least "Observer" and "Control" are selected, otherwise it won't allow you to connect.
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Re: Lion support is ready!

Postby paultomlinson7 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Just trying to set this up and not having much luck.

iMac Mac OS X 10.7.2
iPad 1 iOS 5.0
iPhone 3GS 5.0
UK Sky Router

Followed steps as indicated. Appears to 'connect' to a server but goes to a black screen with cursor in middle. No control of mouse or images coming through. Can't find anywhere that Port 5900 has been disallowed. Any help / suggestion requested.
paultomlinson7

Postby HanaMobile » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 am

Have you enabled screen sharing? See here: http://hanamobiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15
And check the firewall after enabling screen sharing, make sure it allows screen sharing. You can temporarily disable firewall and give it a try.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1810
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Postby PabloVizcaino » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:10 am

Hi, I already followed all your setting instructions and still have troubles to connect
The Message I get is:
Connection Failure
Could not establish a connection to the server

Do I have to enter anything in the field "domain"
Also, should the "use console" button be turned off or on?

My laptop is Mac Pro and have IPad 1 & iPhone 4

I would appreciate your guidance
Thanks
PV
PabloVizcaino

Postby HanaMobile » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 pm

It sounds you are using the wrong app. The one with domain is for windows pc. You should use this one:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/connect- ... 33429?mt=8
Instruction:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Postby torphotog1 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Lion support clearly isn't ready.

I have tried and tried to get this to work and it won't. For some reason port 5900 is being blocked. Im using Latest Lion OS.... I'm using the latest Ipad 2 with latest OS 5. When I try and connect it says: Connection failure Connection refused : 5900

So any suggestions? I have no idea how to configure my router as its done through my company and I don't have any access to the settings.

Am I to believe that no one else has had this problem at all???
torphotog1

Postby HanaMobile » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Are you trying to connect a home mac computer or in office? Is it remote on just local? We need to know more to help. If the connection is refused, it's either because Mac's screen sharing is not enabled or the firewall is blocking the connection.
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Postby lleod » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:47 am

I have followed all posted advice, but I have continually received the "Authentication failed. Make Sure the password is correct." error. I have set Remote Management to allow 'observe' and 'control' and I also tried allowing everything for local users, but nothing seems to work. What else can I try? (I have entered and re-entered the password many times now and am certain it's correct despite the error.)
lleod

Postby HanaMobile » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:19 am

lleod, enable screens sharing instead of remote management. Are you setting the MacOSX Authentication on or off? If it's on, you need to fill in both Mac username and password. If you just set a VNC password, turn the MacOSX Authentication off in the settings.
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Postby slogartin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 am

hello
I have follow all your recommendations but:
I can connect my iPad with my mac but I arrive on a grey page (on my iPad), i can see and move the mouse on my Ipad but nothing on my Mac.
Have you a trick?
thank
slogartin

Next

Return to Connect My Mac