Connection Failure: Refused

Any questions about Connect My Mac

Connection Failure: Refused

Postby sirfuzzitoes » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:50 am

I configured the connection as illustrated by your site (which was very simple and straighforward, btw) but when I enter all the information on my iPhone, I get "Connection Failure...Connection Refused ... :5900" My firewall is set to allow incoming connections, my iMac is set to share the screen, and I'm attempting this on my home wifi through a router. Both my iPhone and iMac are on the same connection. Could you please help?
sirfuzzitoes

Re: Connection Failure: Refused

Postby shezishah » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:41 pm

I have not been able to connect despite following all the instructions on your site. I have ipad 2 on 5.01 and Mac book pro. I have OS X and used the zip file to find my hostname. The app has a line for domain which I am not sure what to put. I have an option for use cpnsole I am not sure what to put.

Screen sharing is enabled and this over my wifi. Please help.
shezishah

Postby HanaMobile » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 am

shezishah, you are using the wrong app, that one with domain is for Windows ONLY. Get this free app:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/connect- ... 33429?mt=8
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Postby HanaMobile » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 am

sirfuzzitoes , is the firewall set to allow incoming connection on port 5900? And make sure you are using the right authentication mode. If the mac os x authentication is on, you need to set both the mac username and password.
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Return to Connect My Mac