Multiscreen mouse problem

Any questions about Connect My Mac

Multiscreen mouse problem

Postby Ems23 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Hello,

I have the following problem, I connect to my mac (running lion as osx) which has two screens connected, secondary screen is above the master screen. I have noticed that the cursor is not being displayed correctly, additionally the cursor coordinates are completely messed up. When I tap the top screen the mouse seems to be doing things at the bottom screen. Please fix this bug

Eryk

Ps I am running the pro version.
Ems23

Re: Multiscreen mouse problem

Postby HanaMobile » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Ems23, thanks for reporting the issue. This is a know bug in Mac OS X Lion. The mouse pointer won't point to the correct place if the primary monitor is NOT the left most monitor. Here is a workaround: Go to System Preferences -> Display, then make sure the primary monitor is set to the left most monitor.

Apple has known this and it should be fixed in future Mac OS X.
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Postby Ems23 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Thank you for the reply, glad to hear that there is a temporary solution to this problem, however due to the physical layout of my workstation this solution doesn't appeal to me...

Glad to be helpful.

Eryk

Ps I will spam apple to get on the case
Ems23

Postby HanaMobile » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Sorry for not being able to help. You might want to try a couple options (such as changing the primary monitor's position setting) to see whether it can get around the bug.
HanaMobile
Site Admin

Return to Connect My Mac